So. I went to ALUCARD Cafe in Osaka.

The place for all non-Hirano-related discussions.
Saphire Diablo

So. I went to ALUCARD Cafe in Osaka.

Postby Saphire Diablo » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:30 am

I was walking around and noticed this, so I immediately reserve a table and came back the other week to check this out.
Of course this is an unofficial cafe, this isn't licensed by Hirano or Shounen Gahosha or anything,
but I'm pretty sure they are referring to Hellsing's Alucard and not someone else (like Castlevania's Alucard).

I thought you guys might want to see this, so I took some pictures.

The OUTSIDE part of Alucard Cafe:

The INSIDE part of Alucard Cafe:

The FOOD:

Overall, a great cafe. You'll feel like you're eating in Count's castle or something.
Oh, and it's only open from 6 PM onwards. Nice. Staying true to the vampire's working hours, I see.
Food is fairly good. It's a tad pricey (I think I was charged around $50 for 7-course menu), but certainly worth every cent.
Themed cafes like this usually do charge that much.

I think the Vampire Killing Kit is an impressive piece to have on a display. I'd would visit this cafe just to be able to look at it.
Also, there is an Alucard statue in the front of the store that I didn't manage to snap, maybe I'll come by another time to take a picture of it.
What do you think? Want to come visit the cafe next time you go to Japan? Or would you like to open one in your own country? :thumb:
Oh, I think this is brilliant and everyone should open their own Dracula cafe. We'll make Dracula cafe alliances.
vladucard

Re: So. I went to ALUCARD Cafe in Osaka.

Postby vladucard » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:00 am

I don't think it's an "Alucard" cafe, per se, more like a celebration of all things Dracula.

The name "Alucard " copyrighted so they just used the catchy name. I like it.
Timmo

Postby Timmo » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:03 pm

Awesome! I'd go there when I visit Japan :thumb:
Pers_Spiku

Postby Pers_Spiku » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:13 am

of course we will visit it, next time... :D
restaurant business is very difficult, but if I want to open cafe it would be all inspired by Alucard and his "things" will be everywhere
Saphire Diablo

Postby Saphire Diablo » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:24 pm

HAH I found the picture of the statue somewhere in my phone, a little bad quality though.
This statue is actually real human size, I was shocked at first when I see from from far away, I thought someone was cosplaying as Alucard and sitting there :sweat:
It is pretty awesome, and pretty close to Alucard. I mean, come on now, tell me if that is just some random vampire and NOT Alucard from Hellsing.
Alucard fans will drool all over it, I suppose.

Even his hair folds to the correct direction lol:

Pers_Spiku

Postby Pers_Spiku » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:22 pm

Haha, i don't agree with you Saphire :D And another Alucard`s fans wouldn't agree too, because it has too few details to be him, just hair and some red color. If founders want to create Alucard they would not have dressed him in such silly shirt. But it`s good vampire.
Does it popular cafe?
vladucard

Postby vladucard » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:35 pm

It looks like another vampire to me. You have to remember, Alucard is based off Dracula, he's supposed to looks like the standard Dracula vampire character.

And here I was all excited and waiting to see an Alucard statue I don't own, lol.
Markus1985

Postby Markus1985 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:42 pm

I must agree that this vampire is very much based on Alucard and Hellsing. At least hair vise.
There is no other vampire with that hair length who also have it partially covering the face.
They are many but none the like, and all we can tell is that it keeps growing. :lol:

"Not even a million enemies where able to make Rome afraid!
Yet Rome trembled whenever she heard the name of Hannibal!!"
- Scipio Africanus
Timmo

Postby Timmo » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:22 am

I also agree that this cafe is based on Hellsings Alucard. Perhaps it's a copyright thing that the owners didn't make that close to the original. But the hints and obviously the name of the cafe make me think this is a Hellsing thing :)
vladucard

Postby vladucard » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:25 pm

But "Alucard" isn't exclusive to Hellsing, the name existed wayyy before Hellsing was even thought of. People always thing of "The son of Dracula" when they hear "Alucard" and that's cause that's where that originates (IIRC).

I really don't think it's a Hellsing restaurant at all, just an ode to all things vampires. Whether the statue is based of Hellsing' Alucard could be debated, but the theme of the restaurant itself looks pretty plain to me: vampires, Vampires of all kind and genre.

Why not go and ask, Saphire?

Return to “The Inn”