Blue Blazes / Aoi Honoo

The place for all non-Hirano-related discussions.
Saphire Diablo

Blue Blazes / Aoi Honoo

Postby Saphire Diablo » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:34 am

Hirano-sensei mentioned Aoi Honoo drama a few weeks back in his twitter feed, saying he can't get enough of this thing,
and I finally have some time to try and watch it. Oh, this is so good. So hilarious, like, half insane-level hilarious.

The story is about a freshman college student, studying at art university of Osaka, in which he will learn to produce various types of anime, short film, and the likes.
He thinks he has some skill, but unfortunately, it just so happens that his classmates are those who will shape the foundation of the future Japanese animation.
We follow his every day misery as he tries to fight his way through these insane students, cream of the crops of all otaku, that makes all of his works looks like shit.

I'd definitely recommend everyone to watch this thing. So funny.
Watching this series is like seeing Chief from Susume Seigaku in live-action, except all of the other characters are as bat shit crazy as Chief.
Torrent links:

Code: Select all

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=645225&showfiles=1

In order to appreciate this series, you need to have a basic understanding of the Japanese Otaku culture.
If you know basic stuff such as Hideaki Anno, Evangelion, Gainax, Hayao Miyazaki, you will laugh your ass off watching this series.
Deathbringer

Re: Blue Blazes / Aoi Honoo

Postby Deathbringer » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:10 pm

I've seen some screenshots of this show once or twice. It's subbed, right?

Return to “The Inn”