Extra credits - Extra history involving Drifters

The place for all non-Hirano-related discussions.
Markus1985

Extra credits - Extra history involving Drifters

Postby Markus1985 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:29 pm

I recently discovered this little gem of a youtube series, made by "Extra credits."
Usually they make interesting and informative videos relating to the making and thinking of videogames.

However the reason why I write about them here is for their history lessons, called "Extra history," which so happens at the moment covers the Punic Wars and the Sengoku Jidai. These videos offers a great insight into the historical background of Hannibal Barca, Scipio Africanus and Oda Nobunaga in Drifters. They make history easy to relate to, without losing the impacts of the facts.

So if you got the time, interest, or want to learn more about the characters in Drifters you should give it a try,
and learn more about the historical characters that Hirano put much emphasis on in Drifters.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... i0A8gTsawu

The second series about how WW1 came to be is also good but that doesn't cover Drifters territory that much,
except for a very brief mention of Rasputin. Yet it is quite heartbreaking to learn how everything could go so wrong 100 years ago that world was plunged into a war of such loss and bloodshed.

"Not even a million enemies where able to make Rome afraid!
Yet Rome trembled whenever she heard the name of Hannibal!!"
- Scipio Africanus
Saphire Diablo

Re: Extra credits - Extra history involving Drifters

Postby Saphire Diablo » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:54 pm

I have just finished the whole videos under "Extra history". It's good and accurate.

I wonder if the creator of this video is taking a request.
It would be awesome if I can request him to make a video about Africanus and Hannibal.
Markus1985

Re: Extra credits - Extra history involving Drifters

Postby Markus1985 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:15 am

The Great War recently made a special episode about our beloved Rasputin, and successfully works its way over and around alot of the false claims. Claims that may still be regarded as "Canon" in the case of Drifters, if Hirano went with the more "exaggerated" version of his life on earth. :)

https://youtu.be/xBr8a8mWAJc

"Not even a million enemies where able to make Rome afraid!
Yet Rome trembled whenever she heard the name of Hannibal!!"
- Scipio Africanus

Return to “The Inn”