Dracula (2013) TV Series

The place for all non-Hirano-related discussions.
Saphire Diablo

Dracula (2013) TV Series

Postby Saphire Diablo » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:21 pm

I'm surprised no one make a thread for this yet, but if you don't know, there is a new American TV Series involving Alu... I mean, Dracula, as the title suggest.
I suppose this is the closest thing you can get to a screen adaptation of Hellsing right now,
considering both are about modernized versions of the original Dracula, involving friendship of Dracula and van Hellsing. That's pretty close.

So, have you seen it? Any thoughts?

I hope all American members of this forum will turn on the TV channel when this thing is on TV, so it gets a better rating and get continued on to 2nd season.
As bad as it may be (lovey-dovey Dracula, with lesbian Lucy and shit), it's still the only Vampire series that is NOT SPARKLY, probably the only one at the moment. We don't really have much choice here.
Markus1985

Re: Dracula (2013) TV Series

Postby Markus1985 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:13 am

This is the first time I've heard of it, and it doesen't seem to be on its way to Scandinavia anytime soon unfortunately. :(

But it looks pretty good even if it seems to borrow a lot from Francis Ford Coppolas film, but then again that was also the case of Hirano of course. ;)

"Not even a million enemies where able to make Rome afraid!
Yet Rome trembled whenever she heard the name of Hannibal!!"
- Scipio Africanus
Vladimirtheimpaler7

Postby Vladimirtheimpaler7 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:20 pm

I was just wondering if anyone on here was going talk about this show. I enjoy it and it seems to be doing well and is popular out here in the States. I was like hey he's sporting the Vladucard mustache and him and Alucard both have american accents and Hellsing is also doing experiments on them. :)
Timmo

Postby Timmo » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:57 pm

Awesome :)
Can I watch it online somewhere?

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYRL8YKTikU
It looks great, the plot seems to be about Dracula and Mina :)
We got some nice Vlad shots in there :D

And a nice second one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUwrmoCnSr4
Snakeeater237

Postby Snakeeater237 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:40 pm

Seems interesting , but also the first time I heard of it actually... :XP

So from what I can gather(from Wikipedia), it is about Drac coming to London to get revenge on the ones that defeatet him .(and then falling in love with reborn Mina yada yada...)
The last episode premieres next week, so the ones that can turn in should whatch it^^

After I finish Baccano! I'm definetly giving it a try :)
Saphire Diablo

Postby Saphire Diablo » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:55 pm

Timmo wrote:Can I watch it online somewhere?

If you know howo to use torrent files you can get the files from here:
http://kickass.to/dracula-2013-tv32370/

And get the english subs from here (if you need it):
http://subscene.com/subtitles/dracula-first-season

I think you should all give it a try, being Hellsing fan and all that.
I was skeptical at Rhys Meyers playing the role of Dracula at first, but his portrayal of Dracula getting better by each episode.
There is something dark about him that fits the role of Dracula.
Ericcil

Postby Ericcil » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:33 pm

Honestly speaking, I (and a friend of mine, also a hellsing fan) find this show poor written and lame :bleed:

We (just watched ep9 last night) dont take this show as a hellsing-related thing ( or even a Bram Stoker novel's adoption), but it is still lame ... and illogic.

My suggestion, forget it :(
Saphire Diablo

Postby Saphire Diablo » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:58 pm

Ericcil wrote:... and illogic.

A little bit weird at times, like when...
Spoiler: Like when Dracula said Mina looks like his past love life and then and Mina was like, "yeah I have seen Illona in my dreams", I was like, what the fuck, whut? Mina shouldn't even know what Illona looks like. She hasn't seen the paintings yet? What is this conversation is all about? Not to mention Dracula was showing no emotion at all in this this whole conversation.

But, like I said before, we don't really have much choice here. So I would still recommend this series regardless of some of these blatantly obvious plot holes. As far as I know, this series isn't based on any novels or anything, so they have to make the plot from scratch. When you take that into consideration, plot holes is somewhat forgivable.
Pers_Spiku

Postby Pers_Spiku » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:45 am

I had high hopes for this show through, I was hoping that it will be successful and make a popular topic of Dracula, and there will be new movies new seasons new books new fans ...
But they did not want to prolong it for a second season :( it's a pity, because I looked more terrible series, which stretched on 3 and 10 seasons.
As for the show, the topic of Vlad was not disclosed, the topic of Dracula - the monster is not disclosed, he got Mina too easy. Dracula has been 100% positive romantic character that killed all interest in him. At the expense of Jonathan Rhys Meyers, he was much more interesting in all the rest of his work (see Belle du Seygner and you'll understand), I do not know how did they manage to so spoil his acting by script. :S

Return to “The Inn”